May is the month First UMC traditionally provides food and funds for the operation of the Food Pantry which helps supply food and utility funds for those less fortunate. The following is a list of the immediate needs of the food pantry:
- Baking Supplies: cake and muffin mixes, frosting, oil, flour, sugar
- Canned Foods: fruit, vegetables, soup, condiments, meat substitutes
- Cereal: hot cereal, cold cereal, cereal and breakfast bars
- Cleaning Supplies: laundry soap, dish soap, hand soap
- Paper Goods: toilet tissue, paper towels, napkins, facial tissue
- Pasta: macaroni, noodles, spaghetti
- Personal Hygiene: shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, women’s feminine products, disposable diapers, men’s shaving supplies, hand and body lotions, and creams
- Meats: any kind of canned meat and fish, especially tuna
- Miscellaneous: peanut butter, jelly, coffee, tea, ramen noodles, rice, dry beans, crackers, juice, syrup, instant potatoes, hamburger helpers, spices, salt and pepper, jello and pudding mixes
Grocery bags (complete with a list of needs attached) will be available on Sunday mornings beginning next Sunday (April 29, 2018) and then throughout the month of May to take home with you and fill, and then return the following Sunday or to the church office during the week. This year we’ll be splitting the contributions between the community-wide Food Pantry downtown and the Little Free Pantry here at the church.
Two more things: 1. If you can bring back unused hotel toiletries, we’ll disperse those through the little free pantry. 2 If you have extra points on your West’s Country Mart cards that you would be willing to convert to a gift card and give to the church for distribution through the church office that would be very much appreciated.