Job’s Wisdom for Living from a Lecture by Dr. Alyce M. McKenzie:
- Sometimes the path of wisdom lies in going against well meaning advice of others.
- We are not the center of the universe.
- The best motive for obedience to God is love of God.
- The presence of suffering does not mean the absence of God.
- God will not allow suffering to destroy our relationship with God.
- Offer help and comfort to those who are suffering. [Keep] our theories as to what they did to bring it on themselves [to ourselves].