The following was borrowed (with a few changes) from the First United Methodist Church in Hamburg, Arkansas and will appear in next Sunday’s bulletin:
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress those wiggles in God’s house.
- Consider sitting toward the front where it is easier for your little ones to engage.
- Quietly explain the parts of the service and actions of the pastors, musicians, and leaders.
- Sing the hymns, pray and voice the responses. Children learn by mimicking you.
- If you have to leave the sanctuary with your child, feel free to do so, but please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the children come to me.”